- As of January 1, 2014, the Town of Cary’s population is estimated at 147,561, an increase of 3,832 or 2.67% since January 1st of 2013.
- The average new family housing unit was 3884 square feet.
- There were 361 Multi-family permits issued down 46% from last year.
- 4th quarter non-residential permits included Harris Teeter at 56,294 square feet, MetLife 450,680 square feet + 586,566 square foot parking
- The Cary/Apex Water Treatment Facility Phase III Expansion which will expand the facility’s treatment capacity from 40 to 56 million gallons per day, is scheduled for construction bidding over the next two months. Construction duration is expected to be approximately 24 to 30 months with substantial completion scheduled for late spring 2016.
- Crime in Cary showed a 6% decrease through December 2013 over the same period in 2012.
- There were 46 crimes reported in Cary Schools in the 4th quarter which was a 58% decrease.
- Animal Control received 20 calls related to chickens in Cary. This resulted in over 10 hours of staff time.