A few of the highlights:
- The Town of Cary is now 36,806 acres or about 57.50 square miles.
- As of July 1st, 2014 the Town of Cary’s population is estimated to be 149,854, which is a twelve month increase of 3.36%.
- The average unit size in this quarter was 4,027 square feet, which is a slight increase in home size compared to the previous quarter.
- The average construction value of new home in this quarter was $219,375.
- There were 25 permits issued for commercial new construction in this quarter, totaling 337,776 square feet which is an increase of over 13% from last quarter.
- Cary issued 25% of all new single-family dwelling permits in Wake County for the months of April and May. This was the most of any other jurisdiction in Wake County.
- Construction for the park on the old Bartley farm should begin this fall and conclude next fall.
- The downtown park construction should begin next spring.
- Construction is underway and on schedule for both the expansion at the water plant site and the raw water pumping station on Jordan Lake.